Great teachers help students become great. Research shows that an inspiring teacher is the most important school related factor influencing student achievement. The Foundation awards competitive grants to Fargo Public Schools staff for innovative educational and literacy projects not funded by district, state, or federal monies. Grants are awarded to give educators a chance to pilot a new idea or to supplement something they are already doing in the classroom.
These grants are made possible through the following established endowment funds and annual contributions from the greater community.
- Eleanor Laing Law Endowment
- Fargo Central High Alumni Fund
- Mary Ellen Thompson Music Fund
- Diederich Family Fund
- Bank of the West
- Ella May Reames Fund
- Gateway Chevrolet Fund
- Harold and Dorothy Madson Fund
- Jeannie Madson Fund
- Vern Bennett Service Award
- Activity and Extracurricular Endowment
- Language, Arts, and Social Studies Endowment
- Music and Arts Endowment
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Endowment